This dish looks impressive enough to serve to guests yet quick & easy enough for a mid week veggie fix.
- 1 Onion
- 5 Cloves of garlic
- 1 Sprig of spring onion
- 500 Gms chicken
- 1 Ripe whole pineapple
- 1 Red pepper
- Sugar snap peas (exclude for paleo version)
- 10 Spears asparagus (small)
- 1/2 Tsp chilli flakes
- 1 Handful cherry tomatoes
- 1 Handful of chopped, fresh coriander
- The juice of half a lime
- Black pepper
- Sea salt
- Olive oil
- Cut the pineapple in half and scoop out the flesh saving the ‘boats’ for serving later.
- In a wok or heavy based sauce pan, sautee the onion, garlic, and spring onion on a medium heat, until clear
- Add the chicken and a sprinkle of chili flakes – Try not to stir this mix too often, as we want the chicken to brown
- Add 1 cup of pineapple and squeeze the juice of half a lime
- Add the asparagus, sugar snap peas, red pepper, and tomatoes
- Let the whole mixture stir-fry on a medium heat for a further 5 mins then serve in the pineapple ‘boats’ with a spring onion and coriander garnish.
- Serve in the open face pineapples 🙂