Although Khalid’s body is born to be Paleo I struggle and miss my carbs a lot. One of my favourite side dishes is Buttery creamy fluffy mashed potatoes! mmmm… However, if you haven’t already tried this you will be surprised how good of a substitute and how wonderfully satisfying this is. I’m talking about Cauliflower mash which I can proudly say Khalid has perfected (we did have a few green gloopy baby-food tries along the way) this rocks. Trust me!
- Roast your 2 heads of garlic in the oven with some oilive oil
- Wash and chop your carrots and cauliflower
- Steam the carrots and cauliflower until soft
- Sautee your chopped red onion in olive oil until clear
- Throw the steamed carrot, sautéed onion and roasted garlic into a food processor – blend until it is a thick mashed potato-like paste
- Serve however you like! This version was encrusted in a chili and basil roast pistachio and cashew mix, full recipe for the nut mix included here