This simple recipe is great for a mid-week meal.
Full of protein and when complimented with a salad it makes for a well-balanced and tasty meal!
- 1 chicken breast per person
- Jar of red tomato pesto (in this case, Jamie Oliver’s walnut and red pepper pesto)
- 2 sun-dried tomatoes per person
- 1 button mushroom per breast
- A sprinkle of black olives
- 75g of lean back bacon per person (1-3 strips per breast)
- Butterfly your chicken breast, add a hefty 2 teaspoons of red pesto and your sun-dried tomatoes
- Roll the chicken breast so that the goodness is trapped inside
- Layer each breast with strips of bacon, tucking the edges around the chicken – by laying the bacon on top rather than completely encasing the chicken you get all the fun with a fraction of the naughtiness!
- Place in a 200 deg celsius (390F) preheated oven for 45 minutes and bing! You’re ready!
**Paleo Spoiler** If you fancy a treat whack some cheese on top at the last minute and grill it until melted.
Serve with a side of steamed broccoli or salad and enjoy!