This recipe is prepared by our good friend. She was kind enough to share the recipe and we are simply posting what she taught us 🙂
A quick blurb about the lovely people who made this recipe possible. They discovered the Paleo lifestyle recently, and have benefited greatly since.
“J has lost about 10 kilos. He’s gone from about 10 pills a day to 1 (Type 2 Diabetes). His blood work has dramatically improved, and there is no doubt that it has dramatically improved his health.
I have always been very healthy, just my weight that’s a problem. The hormones and thyroid treatment have given me my energy back (stolen by the menopause!). The diet has definitely been the cause of the weight loss, (12 kilos) I exercise the same way I always did, only my diet has changed. I don’t think my digestive system appreciated my moving from a mainly vegetarian diet to a mainly carnivorous one and my dentist has benefited, but I do believe that it’s a healthier way to live.
I have to find a way of doing it that doesn’t affect so many animals so I’m going to move to fish/chicken at home, and leave my options broader for eating out.”
Onto the recipe!
- 300 gms of Shrimp
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 small red onion
- 1 head of lettuce, washed and dried
- Salt and pepper
- Chop the onion and tomatoes into a bowl
- Add salt and pepper
- Chop the avocados, remove the pip
- Mash the avocados into a paste
- (Try leaving the pip in the mash, this will preserve the guacamole from turning dark too quickly)
- Pan stir fry the shimp with some water, until cooked
- Layer 1: lettuce
- Layer 2: Guacamole
- Layer 3: Shrimp
- Layer 4: Tomato Salsa
Roll the lettuce into a ‘temaki’ cone shape, and enjoy!
- Hass Avocado Guacamole Recipes (avocadocentral.com)
- Game Winning Hass Avocado Recipes (sports.avocadocentral.com)
- Shrimp tostada recipe: an easy dinner recipe to make as a family | Babble (babble.com)
- The Best Guacamole. Ever. (instructables.com)