My caveman cooking strength lies in meat, nuts, fruits, and veggies, but I impressed myself with this Asian cooking creation!
You will need a crockpot or a slowcooker for this one.
- 3 cubes of chicken stock, dissolved in 1.25 litres of near boiling water
- 500 gms of prawns
- 2 sticks of lemon grass, crushed and sliced length ways down the center (you won’t be serving the stalk into any of the dishes, I Iike this because the lemon grass flavours are brought out in the stew, but you don’t eat the actual stalk)
- 1 pack of crab mushrooms (oyster mushrooms or Enokitake – chopped)
- 1 medium white onion (diced)
- 1 medium eggplant
- 1 lime
- 3 Tbsp thai fish sauce
- 1 Tbasp sesame oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 Handful of coriander
- 3 Spring onions
- Put the lemongrass, prawns, eggplant, and chicken stock + water into the slow cooker and set it on high for 2 hours
- Add all the other ingredients into the slowcooker, and leave it for another two hours