The recipe is simple, the ingredients are few, and the cooking method means you’ll have a tasty, nutritious dish in a simple 15 minutes.
This recipe serves 2 – you can easily modify the ingredients to accommodate for more, or less, people.
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Medium red onion
- 1 Large tomato
- 1 Lemon
- A small handful of coriander leaves
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Salt + pepper
- Chop your onion(s) and tomato(s)
- In a frying pan (to which you have a suitable lid), sauté the onion until clear on a medium heat
- Add the tomato and sauté for a couple of minutes, until they start to to sweat
- Crack your eggs in (yolks intact) and sprinkle your salt, pepper and cinnamon on top, and reduce to a low heat. It may seem unusual to use cinnamon on your eggs but trust, this flavour does magic when done!
- Cover the frying pan with a lid and leave it to cook for a couple of minutes
- The tops of the eggs will turn white as well, which is normal but may seem unusual if you’re used to ‘sunny side up’ style eggs
- To measure the doneness of your eggs, remove the lid and give the frying pan a shake. You’ll be able to see how done your eggs are by how firm they look
- Once the eggs are as done as you would like them, take them off the stove, add your coriander and a squeeze of lemon
Remember, these eggs need to be eaten with a smile and a memory of all the good people we have in our lives. Enjoy.
- Baked Eggs, Baked Eggs Recipe & Oven Baked Eggs | Pottery Barn (potterybarn.com)
- Recipe: Indian Okra dish packs in health, flavour (metronews.ca)
- Recipe for Mexican Baked Eggs with Black Beans, Tomatoes, Green Chiles, and Cilantro (kalynskitchen.com)