We had a few bananas that were starting to look sketchy, so I decided to make some banana bread!
If you want a more intese banana flavour, wait for the banans to look nice and black. You can freeze bananas when they’re at the perfect ripeness and pull them out for use when you bake your next loaf.
- 5 ripe bananas
- 4 eggs (4 whites, 1 yolk)
- 1 Tbsp cashew butter
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 tsp vanilla flavour
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon, powdered
- 150 mLs of coconut powder
- 100 mLs almond flour
I used a liquid measuring cup for the dry ingredients, which is a culinary no-no but we’re savage cavepeople, aren’t we? 🙂
- Preheat your oven to 175 C (350 F)
- Combine your bananas, eggs, and cashew butter in the food processor. Blend until consistent
- Add all the other ingredients into the food processor. Blend until fluffy
- Place the mixture into muffin tin. I used squares of baking paper here. It gives the muffins a nice, rustic look and keeps them from sticking to the baking tin
Add a sprinkle of flax seeds for decoration and nutrition 🙂